HISTORY OF HOLY FAMILY CATHOLIC SCHOOL
In 1903, members of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Family entered the parish of Lafayette for the purpose of educating Negro youth. This was the beginning of Catholic education for African-Americans in Lafayette Parish. Holy Family Catholic School, formerly St. Joseph and in 1911 St. Paul School, is a tri-parish school servicing Southwestern Louisiana. The Catholic Church parish communities that make up Holy Family Catholic School are: St. Paul the Apostle/ Good Hope, Our Lady Queen of Peace, and St. Anthony. Holy Family Catholic School has continued its long standing tradition of academic excellence and Christian formation because of the dedication and hard work of the Sisters of the Holy Family, Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity, the Holy Ghost/ Spiritans, Diocesan, the S.V.D. and Franciscan priests, the lay teachers and support staff, the parents and other members of the Catholic community. It is our hope and prayer to continue this legacy of teaching through the implementation of Catholic doctrine through formal instruction and by example each day of this school year.